Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Old Friends and No Apples

Today I spent a few hours at the parade of homes. All went well, but it started to sprinkle so I decided to leave a little earlier than planned. As I neared my car in the parking lot, I ran into a friend I haven't seen in a while. She was there to man a booth for her new job. We spent a few minutes catching up before she had to get going.

After that I decided to head over to Yutzy's farm market for some apples.

I love this place. They have homemade items like jelly's and jams along with fruit, breads, and candies. You could go hog wild in this place.

One of my favorite things is the lunch meat and cheese counter.


Every week they run a meat and cheese special. When you go to the grocery store here you normally pay anywhere from $4.99-$8.99 for meat. Their meat specials usually run about $2.99-$3.99, cheese $1.99-$2.99. And to sweeten the deal, it tends to last in the refrigerator two to three times as long. I love it!

The downside to this trip,however, was that they were out of apples. Hopefully, I will have better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment