Thursday, September 10, 2009

Getting to know...Me.

It still boggles my mind that ten years ago, I never would have imagined being a woodworkers wife nor knew all that would entail.

Let's start at the beginning...

I grew up here in Ohio, not very far from where we live now. My husband, Nick, lived in New Jersey up until almost nine years ago. We are very much opposites in many ways but it has really worked to our advantage as we've started our own business. With his passion and talent for woodworking and my love for helping people, we've been able to work together to form a business model that really works for us.

So how did we meet? On-line, of course. And no, not on one of those dating sites. He and I were both huge fans of a television show and frequented the on-line forum. One day we struck up a conversation and as they say, the rest is history. We've been together for almost eleven years and married for six. He is one of the most creative people I've ever met and I honestly have yet to see anything he can't build.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What has been going on this week?
It was a typical example of the life of a woodworker's wife. If you're married to one, you know what I'm talking about. If not, well I'm sure you can relate.

First, there is always a project. There isn't such a thing as downtime with my woodworker. Even if there isn't a specific job to work on, there are always improvements to be made to or in the shop. This week it was rebuilding his lumber rack. He'd seen one in a magazine he liked better than his current one so after getting some 2X4's at Lowe's, we got started taking all the wood off the old rack and loading it onto carts so he could dismantle and rebuild.






Here I am after helping him to unload the wood off the old rack and onto the carts. Flattering picture isn't' it?
He's still working on the new rack as I write this, but hopefully it will be finished this weekend and I'm make sure to include a picture of it next week.









No comments:

Post a Comment