Thursday, September 3, 2009

Living with MacGyver

Have you ever wondered what it would be like living with your own personal MacGyver? Well I don't have to wonder.

About a month ago my husband Nick comes to me and says, "I'm going to build an oscillating edge sander."

Of course, what am I to say to that other than, "Okay."

So that night, he starts his research getting on-line and pulling up diagrams of some of the commercial edge sanders he likes. Personally those diagrams make my head spin just looking at them but he, somehow, is able to make sense of them.

Next comes the trips to the hardware stores. And yes, I do mean to say 'trips' and 'stores'. It would be easy if it was just one big trip to one store, but that would be too easy. Over the course of the last three weeks I would venture to say there have been ten separate trips as he began to build and find more things he needed or the things he had weren't just right so he had to go back and get something else. Have you ever stood in a hardware isle for twenty minutes while your husband looked at bolts? Yep. That's me.

Last night he pulls me into his shop so he can show me his creation. It never ceases to amaze me how talented he is.








No comments:

Post a Comment