Sunday, September 20, 2009

Too much to do, too little time



Last week was one of those that no matter how much you accomplish your list never seems to get smaller.






The big item on my list was setting up our account on http://www.custommade.com/. We found this website for craftsman in an industry magazine and was pretty amazed at the amount of hits it gets per month/year. Registering wasn't that big of a deal, pretty easy actually. The problem came when I tried to upload the pictures of our work. For whatever reason, their site just didn't like my pictures.






After spending five hours solid at my computer, I gave up. Well not exactly gave up, I guess. I did get the pictures on the site but some of them I'm still not happy with since instead of the picture taking up the entire space, it takes up about half and the rest is black background. Needless to say, it was rather frustrating, but if it draws more business it will be worth it. Because that's the goal, right, more work.






Other than my fun with custommade.com, I also attended a businesses meeting and seminar for the Interior Design Society. I've been a member of the local chapter here for over a year and although I'm not a designer myself, I have to say I've learned a lot. This month we had our meeting at SGO Designer Glass, http://www.sgodesignerglass.com/. They specilize in stained glass overlay. It gives you the look of stained glass but it's really all one peice.






And last but not least, as promised, the lumber rack I was talking about in the last post. I decided maybe it would be nice to see what the old one looked like too so here it is,






Old
























New

No comments:

Post a Comment